From:        Marc-Andre Laperle <malaperle@xxxxxxxxx>
To:        eclipse-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date:        03.10.2018 15:09
Subject:        [eclipse-dev] 4.10 Release entry and trying to find plans
Sent by:        eclipse-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi,

I don't follow Eclipse day to day discussions anymore so I'm trying to find some release/plan information to know what to change in the projects I'm contributing.

I don't see a release for 4.10 here:
https://projects.eclipse.org/projects/eclipse
It's also difficult to find the plan for the release. I've seen from some other thread that 4.10 removes 32-bit support to it would be useful to know more about the timing and the implications, i.e. is it 4.10 part of the release train for December, etc.
I do not see the plan here:
http://wiki.eclipse.org/Eclipse_Project
Or here: https://projects.eclipse.org/projects/eclipse
Or here: https://wiki.eclipse.org/Platform
There is a link to the 4.9 plan on this page: http://www.eclipse.org/eclipse/development/
then you if you click on it, brings you to http://www.eclipse.org/projects/project-plan.php?planurl=http://www.eclipse.org/eclipse/development/plans/eclipse_project_plan_4_9.xml
If you change the URL to 4_10 it doesn't exist.
But there is a link to the Platform 4.9 subproject: https://wiki.eclipse.org/Platform/Plan/4.9
Then if you change the url to 4.10: there is is!
This page also doesn't link to plans, even if it's the website of the Platform: https://wiki.eclipse.org/Platform

So, it would be great if the pages got updated with 4.10 in a few places and also to add some easier way to get to the 4.10 platform plan.

About the Simrel, this page doesn't seem to be linked anywhere: https://wiki.eclipse.org/Special:WhatLinksHere/SimRel/2018-12/Simultaneous_Release_Plan
Probably it should be linked from here: https://wiki.eclipse.org/Simultaneous_Release
and if Eclipse 4.10 is part of it then the plan could link to it.

Regards,
eclipse-dev mailing list
eclipse-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx