Re: [eclipse-dev] Try out the eclipse platform CBI build

Zitat von Paul Webster <pwebster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

On Thu, Oct 4, 2012 at 11:11 AM, Aaron Digulla <digulla@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

Misunderstanding: I don't understand why the web site and your mail don't
mention the build script.

It's right at the top of the Building section, there's a link to it:
http://wiki.eclipse.org/Platform-releng/Platform_Build#Building

On the old page, the script was prominent. It looked like "this is the default/best way to build". The new page is 95% manual build instructions and a well hidden link to a build script at the end of a paragraph that I didn't even see.

I suggest to make it more obvious that the manual build instructions are for emergency cases, maybe even move them to a "manual build" page. Having a stable, reliable build script will be much easier when everyone uses it.

Regards,

http://www.pdark.de/                   http://blog.pdark.de/

Back to the top