Re: [eclipse-dev] Planning Meeting Notes - Jan 6, 2010

Performances:
- 3.5 perf tests:
  - verification for M20091216-0800:
    - nothing new
- 3.6 perf tests:
  - all scenarios have been verified for 3.6M4 and 10 bugs opened
  - perfs results for I20100105-1537 not generated yet...

Cordialement/Regards,

Frédéric

|------------>
| From:      |
|------------>
  |Mike Wilson <Mike_Wilson@xxxxxxxxxx>                                                                                                              |
|------------>
| To:        |
|------------>
  |eclipse-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx                                                                                                                           |
|------------>
| Date:      |
|------------>
  |01/06/2010 03:52 PM                                                                                                                               |
|------------>
| Subject:   |
|------------>
  |[eclipse-dev] Planning Meeting Notes - Jan 6, 2010                                                                                                |
|------------>
| Sent by:   |
|------------>
  |eclipse-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx                                                                                                                   |

[ Happy New Year, all, and welcome back! ]

--------
 Status
--------

Debug:
- breakpoints view enhancements (bug 238956):
  - content and labels generated asynchronously (like other debug views)
  - support for custom content  providers via provisional API (like other
debug views)
  - support for extensible detail panes
- detail panes for Java breakpoints:
  - conditions, hit counts, suspend policies, etc. (bug 290288)
  - use view menu to show/hide detail panes
- API for Java breakpoint condition editor (bug 292979)
- API for VM/target specific hot code replace listeners (bug 297947)
- API for launch time attribute (bug 297965)
- M5 planning
- 3.5.2 fixes complete (4)
- bug fixing

PDE:
- working on individual severity settings for build.properties problems
- working on target management enhancements in p2 API branch
- working on feature based launching (bug 284885)
- 3.5.2 fixes (6 complete, 3 pending)
- M5 planning
- bug fixing

JDT UI:
- 3.5.2: 3 bugs fixed, 1 in the queue
- continued to work on command that invokes the Ctrl+click action
- finished work on supporting Copy and Copy Qualified Name for JAR file
entries
- fixed some minor bugs
- inbox tracking

Platform Text and JDT Text:
- 3.5.2: 3 bugs fixed, no further fixes planned
- continued to work on reducing the memory used by the spelling engine
- reviewed several patches
- fixed some minor bugs
- inbox tracking

Platform Search:
- 3.5.2: no fixes planned

JDT Core:
- bug fixes and inbox tracking/sorting
- 2 bugs remaining for 3.5.2 (one under control). For the second one, we
need to
  decide how much formatter fixes we want to include for 3.5.2.
- vacations
- fixed some long standing formatter issues with cascading method
invocations
  and short qualifiers
- changed the handling of optional errors to be non fatal by default
  - this is also supported in the batch compiler as well
- resumed work on jsr 308

User Assistance:
- refactoring search API to add new Lucene free API and deprecate Lucene
dependent API

Equinox:
- a few more changes to be considered for 3.5.2 a few others released and
tagged
- p2 API has been generified and we down compile to 1.4.
- p2 branch will be merged back in HEAD after next week I build (I20100112)
is declared:
  - the API will *not* be 100% complete, but we are in good shape and the
remaining
    changes can be done in isolation
  - moreover other components of the Helios release  will have less
dependencies on p
    2 due to our adoption of the Mylyn Discovery UI code and its committers
- 5 solvers submitted to the dependency resolver competition organized by
the
  mancoosi project:
  - http://mancoosi.org. , http://www.mancoosi.org/~zack/misc2010/
- OSGi RFC 138 specification work, final draft done and feature complete on
prototype
- server-side servlet filter support work (bug 128068)
- working on M5 plan items

Workspace:
- Bug 296691, Bug 295063, Bug 298100 - working on remaining Flexible
Resources issues
- Bug 236169, Bug 298923 - Use Synchronize View for Apply Patch [in
progress]
- Bug 297228 - Provide finer grained file permission access [in progress]
- for other items, see the plan:
  - http://www.eclipse.org/eclipse/platform-team/team3.6/plan.php.