Re: [eclipse-dev] Eclipse for Solaris on x86

Hi Petr -

The SWT team is currently looking into providing support for Solaris on x86. We will notify the list of any decision.

Thanks,
Bogdan

Petr Slechta <Petr.Slechta@xxxxxxx>
Sent by: eclipse-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

03/31/2009 04:23 AM

Please respond to
"General development mailing list of the Eclipse project."        <eclipse-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

eclipse-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[eclipse-dev] Eclipse for Solaris on x86

Hello,

I see that Eclipse community produces Eclipse builds for Solaris on
sparc. Is there any plan to deliver also Eclipse builds for Solaris on x86?
The same holds for SWT: there is build of SWT for Solaris on sparc, but
nothing for Solaris on x86? Is there any reason why Solaris on x86 is
not supported?

Thank you in advance for any information!

Have a nice day,

Petr Slechta, Sustaining engineer @ Sun Microsystems