[eclipse-dev] Planning Meeting Notes - Dec 6, 2006

--------
 Status
--------

Platform/JDT Text:
- added quick fix to menu of text editors if quick fix assistant is
  available and enabled
- bug fixing
- inbox tracking
- vacation

JDT UI:
- undo support for delete refactorings
- new extension point to display and modify custom build path attributes
  in the Java build path dialog
- 'extract constant' provided as a quick assist with linked mode
- bug fixing
- inbox tracking

Debug:
- released API for access rule participants on execution environments
  - bug 163444
  - default access rules are generated for execution environments based
    on OSGi profiles
- completed polish of mixed mode launching APIs (bug 157059)
- continued work on pluggable details area (bug 75852)
- bug fixing
- bug investigation for 3.2.2

Workspace:
- released contributed performance improvement to text diffing algorithm
  - large files with a lot of diffs that were previously unopeneable now
    take a few seconds to diff
- history view improvements
- investigating file system problems on Vista

JDT Core:
- bug fixing and triage
- compiler adjustments
- deferred missing binary support postM4
- making progress on codeassist API for static member
  completions (early M5)

Runtime:
- released new application model for M4
- API tooling
- released enablement for new launcher story for M4
- investigation into update manager issues
- newgroups
- bug fixing
- bug triage

PDE:
- support added for the new application model
- migration to the refactored runtime
- work continuing on supporting same-id, multiple-versions in the same
  workspace
- cheatsheet authoring workflow document near completion:
  - we will be making it available in a few days
- quick outline (Ctrl+O) support done for the manifest editor
- work on target provisioning continues
- bug fixing

User Assistance:
- accessibility and usability tests of the new Ajax TOC tree and other
  help webapp views on browsers other than IE
- added support for a new helpData.xml file that controls order of books
  and topics in a TOC (replaces older inline support customization.ini
  properties)
- we are working on the algorithm whereby we arrive at a final order of
  TOC by looking into helpData.xml for all the available products

Back to the top