RE: [eclipse-dev] licensing

See also http://www.eclipse.org/ecesis/

"Matthew C. Ward" <mward@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: eclipse-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx
09/17/2004 03:26 PM
Please respond to
eclipse-dev

<eclipse-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
RE: [eclipse-dev] licensing

Im pretty sure you can. For my freshman object oriented development class
we used eclipse for all our projects. The only thing i would pass on is
that you be able to handle the technical difficulties of making sure all
your students can configure eclipse properly (especially if you are using
a plugin specificly designed for your class). That was my biggest
frustration for that class, my Professor would use a different platform
and was not able to help us with our platforms (we were using the platform
required by the University, lol). In fact think our entire Computer
Science department is switching over to eclipse (even for the C++
courses!)
-----Original Message-----
From: Anand Sharma [mailto:anand_m_sharma@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, September 17, 2004 1:59 PM
To: eclipse-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [eclipse-dev] licensing

its freeware. so you can use it any where.
Samuel Rochas <samuel.rochas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello,

Sorry, I have an off-topic question:
Can I install and use Eclipse in an University to teach Java to
students? Is there any restriction.

If this is not the place for the question, where can I ask the question?

Sincerly
Samuel

--- andinasoft SA - Software y Consulting ---
Mariano Aguilera 276 y Almagro - Quito, Ecuador
Tel. +593 2 290 55 18 ---- Cel. +593 9 946 4046
--------- http://www.andinasoft.com ---------