Re: [eclipse-dev] how to port feature welcome.xml files into 3.0 Intro support

Jean-Michel,
I'm working on the doc for this feature right now.  But I'm not the developer, so please someone correct me if I'm wrong.

- the old welcome.xml files are ignored in 3.0 (for example, the old welcome.xml is still in org.eclipse.platform but doesn't show up anywhere.)
- the new story is to use the extension point org.eclipse.ui.intro.config to define an intro page configuration.  For the SDK, this is done in the org.eclipse.platform plug-in.
- to add to the platform intro configuration, use the org.eclipse.ui.intro.configExtension point.
- content is specified in the XML file named in the org.eclipse.ui.intro.config extension point.
- content is specified using a pseudo-SWT markup that uses elements such as pages, groups, links, text, images, etc.
- alternatively you can specify a page using HTML

see the extension point descriptions for more info and look at the references to both extension points.
the file format can be found in CVS in the schema folder for org.eclipse.ui.intro

Hope this helps.  By the morning (Fri) I should have a first draft of this in the programmer's guide....we are still assembling all the reference material.

susan

Jean-Michel Lemieux <Jean-Michel_Lemieux@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: eclipse-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

06/17/2004 06:10 AM