Re: [eclipse-dev] Red X's and Out of Sync messages

PDE Build has been updated.
You might want to enter a bug against pde ui.

PaScaL

Douglas Schaefer/Ottawa/IBM@IBMCA
Sent by: eclipse-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

04/21/2004 01:23 PM

Please respond to
eclipse-dev

eclipse-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
Re: [eclipse-dev] Red X's and Out of Sync messages

Has the PDE build scripts been updated to handle this. I just tried to
build the CDT using the pde.build/scripts from this build and I get
compile errors. The osgi.jar file does not appear in the classpath in my
generated build.xml file. However, when I use the generate ant file menu
item manually, it does show up.

Sorry, can't help but be ALARMED :-)

Doug Schaefer, IBM's Eclipse CDT Architect
Ottawa (Palladium), Ontario, Canada

Wassim Melhem/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA
Sent by: eclipse-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx
04/20/2004 07:22 PM
Please respond to
eclipse-dev

eclipse-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
[eclipse-dev] Red X's and Out of Sync messages

In the I-20040420 build,  please DO NOT BE ALARMED if you see that the
three OSGi plug-ins (org.eclipse.osgi, org.eclipse.osgi.services and the
soon-to-be-retired org.eclipse.osgi.util) have a red X overlay and a text
label containing the words "(Out of sync)".

This is nothing more than a visual annoyance and does not in any way,
shape
or form affect plug-in importing/exporting, classpath computation or any
of
your other day-to-day self-hosting activities, big or small.

It just so happens that the plugin.xml for said plug-ins have been removed
from said I-build, and they are running solely on a manifest.mf.  PDE
UI/Build are well-equipped to handle that, but PDE's label provider was
caught off guard.  Noticing that the plug-in lacks a plugin.xml, the label
provider falsely showed a red X with a bogus message.

Note that if you have these osgi plug-ins in your workspace, you would not
have seen the behavior I just described.  The anomaly only affects labels
for external OSGi plug-ins.

Wassim.