[eclipse-dev] Plug-in org.eclipse.update.ui.forms will be deleted

In the previous version of Eclipse (2.1.*) both Update and PDE used an
internal plug-in for forms support (org.eclipse.update.ui.forms). In 3.0,
we introduced a new version called Eclipse Forms (org.eclipse.ui.forms). It
has been completely rewritten, has a new look that works well with Eclipse
3.0 look and has proper APIs. Update UI has been ported to Eclipse Forms
already. PDE UI is in the process of porting and will be completely
switched to the new code by M9.

Therefore, we want to issue a fair warning to not make any dependency on
org.eclipse.update.ui.forms as it will be removed from Eclipse and will not
be in 3.0. This warning is not really necessary since
org.eclipse.update.ui.forms was internal all along and technically we can
just yank it any time, but we understand that some people may have ignored
this well known Eclipse 'prime directive' :-).

Regards,

Dejan Glozic, Ph.D.
Manager, Eclipse Development 1A
D2/R0Q/8200/MKM