RE: [eclipse-dev] The "Yes, No, Always, Never" Dialogs

Internal to the IDE we have MessageDialogWithToggle, which is used for the
exit prompt.  It would be good to have something reusable in JFace.

Regarding the preference, that is usually the expected behaviour when you
say "Always do this" or "Don't bug me again".
But it also implies that you need a preference elsewhere to turn the
prompt on again if you change your mind.
Finding this preference can be non-obvious if the prompt dialog has no
pointer to it.

Some apps have a "Reset All Prompts" button in the prefs pages to avoid a
multitude of such prefs.  But in an integration platform like Eclipse, and
in some of the larger products, it's unclear that you'd want this.

Whether or not we provide reusable code here, we should define appropriate
guidelines for such prompts, for both the prompt dialog and the use of
prefs.

Nick

<eclipse@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: eclipse-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx
04/06/2004 04:02 PM
Please respond to
eclipse-dev

<eclipse-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
RE: [eclipse-dev] The "Yes, No, Always, Never" Dialogs

It would be nice if the that dialog could store the answer as a
preference,
and never pop up
if the user has saved his choice.

Genady