Forums vs. mailing lists [was Re: [eclipse-dev] Enhancement request (maybe) - CVS colorization]

Hi David, thanks for your reply.

Please excuse my ignorance here, I've only been subscribed for a few weeks.

Are there (or were there ever) plans to host the users help forum through
mailing lists?  That approach has been crucial to many other open source
project's success.

I have personally donated at least 3,000 hours over the last 2 and 1/2 years
to monitoring/helping users on the struts-users list at Apache.  This would
not have been possible if I were forced to use forums.  In fact, I would say
that if Apache were to move to forum-based subscriber help, I would probably
not have helped (or continue to this day) very much at all.  My primary
reason being that my daily commute is between 2 to 2 1/2 hours.  Much of
that time I spend having mailing list posts read to me (text2speech is a
wonderful thing!!).

Any chance this will change?

--
James Mitchell