Re: [eclipse-dev] Luxury edition of the Log view

On Thu, 2003-06-19 at 11:16, David Whiteman wrote:
> Thursday, June 19, 2003, 11:07:44 AM, Jörg von Frantzius wrote:
>
> We could take it a step further and provide a "talkback" feature much
> like the one in Mozilla where individual log entries, or the entire
> log, could be emailed back to the development team.  The plugin
> that was the source of the error would have to specify a contact email
> address so that Eclipse.org people aren't flooded with 3rd party
> plugin errors, and the "talkback" feature would read this email
> address (or at least allow you to type in an arbitrary email address).

I realize this is probably "taking it too far", but since we're
discussing possiblities...

At zclipse.org we have a plugin (ZEF) which allows users (with
zero-effort) to give feedback to the developers. It basically adds a
button with a dropdown (alla the running man) that, when clicked,
packages and sends a post to a URL (in particular, we use it to send
anonymous messages the sourceforge forums). The dropdown list contains
all the plugins that use the ZEF's extension point.

Anyway, if this sort of functionality were provided, it would be really
cool if we could tie into the talkback feature via an extension point to
allow users of our plugin to get the crash information in their forums.
(if they so desired).

mike

--
Michael R Head <burner@xxxxxxxxxxx>