Re: [eclipse-dev] Luxury edition of the Log view

Thursday, June 19, 2003, 11:07:44 AM, Jörg von Frantzius wrote:

> I find this is also very useful for people simply using 3rd party
> plugins that might cause errors. It makes it much easier to report these
> errors to the developers of those plugins. As a side-effect, it might
> also avoid some errors to be reported to the Eclipse bugzilla which are
> in fact errors of 3rd party plugins.

> But more generally speaking, if the platform provides error logging, why
> shouldn't it also provide the View for viewing the log?

> Really very nice View, by the way!

We could take it a step further and provide a "talkback" feature much
like the one in Mozilla where individual log entries, or the entire
log, could be emailed back to the development team.  The plugin
that was the source of the error would have to specify a contact email
address so that Eclipse.org people aren't flooded with 3rd party
plugin errors, and the "talkback" feature would read this email
address (or at least allow you to type in an arbitrary email address).

David

--
Regards,
David Whiteman