[eclipse-dev] Hourra! Eclipse build on powerpc (was: Re: new eclipse builds)

First I'd like to thank Jan Schulz for the good job and the help he
gave me to make it happens: Eclipse now build on powerpc!

You can [apt-]get the powerpc packages here:
deb http://vbstefi60.fapse.ulg.ac.be/~arnaud/eclipse ./

WARNING: There are ONLY the powerpc specific packages, not all the
packages, so you also have to use the apt source from Jan:

deb[-src] http://www.katzien.de/debian/eclipse ./

I did not upload the source because it is the same as the original
from Jan.

I forgot something: "Eclipse runs on powerpc!" ;-)

You just have to set JAVA_HOME in order to start it
(for me: export JAVA_HOME=/usr/lib/j2se/1.3).

Many many many thanks to Jan... and to the Eclipse Team of course! ;-)

Jan Schulz <muelleimer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Sorry for the PM...
>
> * Arnaud Vandyck <arnaud.vandyck@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > cp: cannot stat `debian/eclipse//usr/share/eclipse/plugins/\
> >  org.eclipse.sdk.linux.gtk_2.1.0': No such file or directory
>
> This happens, when ant runs out of memory, which happend here on
> blackdown java 1.3, but not with blackdown java 1.4. I will try to
> make the build-java more failsave in the next build. Inbetween,
> please try this or install blackdown java 1.4.
>
> # Hopefully you have as much RAM+VirtualRam, otherwise lower it...
> export ANT_OPTS=-Xmx512M
> dpkg-builpackage -rfakeroot
>
> This is an ANT problem, as there were others (in the eclipse NG)
> mentioning, that ant leaks memory... I also think that 1.4 has
> better garbage collection.
>
> Jan

                ~~
Make sure your E-mail can be read by everyone!
http://www.betips.net/etc/evilmail.html

For ascii arts, see http://www.schnoggo.com/figlet.html

Back to the top