Re: [eclipse-dev] freebsd build

>>>>> "James" == James E Flemer <jflemer@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

James> I do not understand the build system for the libraries, if
James> someone could explain it perhaps I could patch the
James> appropriate files.  I also do not understand the reason for
James> including prebuild dynamic binaries in a "source"
James> distribtion, though I could provide the req'd FreeBSD
James> libraries and launcher for inclusion if that is the decided
James> model for eclipse.  Eclipse would fit more nicely into the
James> FreeBSD ports tree if part of the source build process was
James> to (re)build the libraries ...

This would be nicer in several situations, not just FreeBSD.  I have
some patches here to rebuild the native libraries as part of a full
build; we require this to build Eclipse as part of our OS.  I'm (very)
slowly submitting these changes for inclusion in the public tree --
the first one went into the CDT a couple days ago.  ISTR sending out
another one a month or two ago.  Basically my approach has been to
write a new `native.xml' for each such library, and then have the
top-level build.xml call each one.  Each native.xml knows how/where to
invoke make (or whatever is required for the particular package).

Tom

Back to the top