[eclipse-dev] Minutes from the 11/06 planning meeting

Meeting notes 11/06

*** General ***

2.0.2

      - All teams declared their 2.0.2 fixes are in.

2.1

      - Milestone 3 is one week away (Friday November 15'th)
      - We will be using the same build schedule as last time
            - Tuesday  8am EST - Trial build
            - Wednesday  8am EST -  Integration build. We will rebuild
until we have something testable
            - Thursday - Test day
            - Friday  - Rebuild if necessary

*** Status ***

PDE

      - Improved PDE search, target is M3

Update

      - Merged 2.0.2 stream into 2.1
      - Investigating network connection robustness

Help

      - New infocenter support is going into 2.1

VCM

      - Performance problem with project sets was fixed in 2.1 stream

SWT

      - Working on the Mac. Goal is to reactivate regular Mac builds for M3

UI

      - Looking at owning PDE extension schemas for UI plugins
      - Keybinding
            - Working on infrastructure
            - On plan for a UI for customizing keybindings for M3. Expect
it will need to
            be refined after M3
      - Investigating UI implications for flexible project layout work
      - Looking at improved editor management support
      - Helping to write tools to find eclipse specific performance
problems

RelEng

      - Builds went better this week.
      - Adding email notification to the builder

Core
      - Flexible project layout
      - Ongoing work to handle cirular dependencies better
      - Working on tools to find eclipse specific performance problems

Back to the top