Re: [eclipse-dev] Problems occurred when invoking code from plug-in: "org.eclipse.c ore.runtime".

Please ask these questions in the eclipse.tools newsgroup, or enter a bug
report in the Eclipse bugzilla.  This mailing list is for discussion of
implementation details of Eclipse and for discussion of Eclipse builds.
Also, searching bugzilla and the newsgroup archives will often turn up
answers to questions like this.

                      "Haseltine,
                      Celeste"                  To:       "'eclipse-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx'" <eclipse-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
                      <CHaseltine@magtic        cc:
                      ket.com>                  Subject:  [eclipse-dev] Problems occurred when invoking code from
                      Sent by:                   plug-in: "org.eclipse.c ore.runtime".
                      eclipse-dev-admin@
                      eclipse.org

                      10/31/2002 05:46
                      PM
                      Please respond to
                      eclipse-dev

I don't know if I am posting to the correct listserver, so if I am not,
please direct me to the appropriate one.

I've been using Eclipse for three months now, with no problems.  Then
today,
it died on me.  After trying to figure out why, I gave up, and just deleted
the entire Eclipse folder from my machine.  When I reinstalled version
2.0.1
on my Windows XP machine, I got the following error when Eclipse tried to
start up:

!SESSION Oct 31, 2002 16:10:40.623
java.version=1.3.1_02
java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86, WS=win32, NL=en_US
Command-line arguments: -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86 -install
file:C:/Program Files/eclipse/
!ENTRY org.eclipse.core.runtime 4 2 Oct 31, 2002 16:10:40.623
!MESSAGE Problems occurred when invoking code from plug-in:
"org.eclipse.core.runtime".
!STACK 0
java.lang.ClassCastException:
org.apache.crimson.jaxp.DocumentBuilderFactoryImpl
             at
javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilderFactory.newInstance(DocumentBuilderFactory.

java:139)
             at
org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.ModelObjectReader.read(ModelObjectReader

.java:85)....................

Anyone have any suggestions/idea of why I cannot get Eclipse installed and
running again on my machine, and how I can fix it?  I have not changed
anything in my Java runtime environment, or my JDK, or my machines
classpaths.  Any suggestion/clues as to how I can go about getting eclipse
installed and working again on my machine would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any advice/assistance on this issue.

Celeste Haseltine, PE
MTL, Inc
Dallas, TX

Back to the top