[eclipse-dev] Problems occurred when invoking code from plug-in: "org.eclipse.c ore.runtime".

I don't know if I am posting to the correct listserver, so if I am not,
please direct me to the appropriate one.

I've been using Eclipse for three months now, with no problems.  Then today,
it died on me.  After trying to figure out why, I gave up, and just deleted
the entire Eclipse folder from my machine.  When I reinstalled version 2.0.1
on my Windows XP machine, I got the following error when Eclipse tried to
start up:

!SESSION Oct 31, 2002 16:10:40.623
java.version=1.3.1_02
java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86, WS=win32, NL=en_US
Command-line arguments: -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86 -install
file:C:/Program Files/eclipse/
!ENTRY org.eclipse.core.runtime 4 2 Oct 31, 2002 16:10:40.623
!MESSAGE Problems occurred when invoking code from plug-in:
"org.eclipse.core.runtime".
!STACK 0
java.lang.ClassCastException:
org.apache.crimson.jaxp.DocumentBuilderFactoryImpl
	at
javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilderFactory.newInstance(DocumentBuilderFactory.
java:139)
	at
org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.ModelObjectReader.read(ModelObjectReader
.java:85)....................
Anyone have any suggestions/idea of why I cannot get Eclipse installed and
running again on my machine, and how I can fix it?  I have not changed
anything in my Java runtime environment, or my JDK, or my machines
classpaths.  Any suggestion/clues as to how I can go about getting eclipse
installed and working again on my machine would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any advice/assistance on this issue.

Celeste Haseltine, PE
MTL, Inc
Dallas, TX

Back to the top