RE: [eclipse-dev] Eclipse rant

i'm not sure how useful this is would be but we've got an ant build
target that stops Norton Antivirus.

    <target name="stopNorton" if="disable.norton">
      <exec executable="net" failonerror="false">
        <arg line="stop 'Norton Antivirus Client'"/>
      </exec>
    </target>

and one to restart it

    <!-- Norton Antivirus Disable targets -->
    <target name="startNorton" if="disable.norton">
      <exec executable="net" failonerror="false">
        <arg line="start 'Norton Antivirus Client'"/>
      </exec>
    </target>

if you had eclipse doing your compiling from ant files, you could
probably use these as ant targets to run before and after.  I haven't
tried it myself (i use ant outside of eclipse to build the jar's and
wars after eclipse has finished compiling), but it could work.