Re: [eclipse-dev] 2.0.1 builds

Hi,
      What is the rational for  changing the feature.xml's in advance. When
the plugin owners change the feature.xml  for the first time shouldn't that
be the time the features get upgraded to 2.0.1? Otherwise 2.0.1 will be a
complete refresh of the features when perhaps some of the underlying
plugins haven't changed?

The reason I ask is I am wondering if there was something I missed about
how updates work? Since we tend to follow eclipses lead in this area.

Thanks,

-----------------------------------
Peter Manahan
WebSphere Tools
Build/Install and
Product Architecture
------------------------------------
manahan@xxxxxxxxxx

                      "Dean Roberts"
                      <Dean_Roberts@oti.        To:       eclipse-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
                      com>                      cc:
                      Sent by:                  Subject:  [eclipse-dev] 2.0.1 builds
                      eclipse-dev-admin@
                      eclipse.org

                      07/18/2002 01:43
                      PM
                      Please respond to
                      eclipse-dev

Hello folks,

I have edited all the *-feature and primary plugin projects in the R2_0_1
branch in preparation for starting 2.0.1 builds.  In the feature.xml files
I have only changed the feature versions from 2.0.0 to 2.0.1.  I have not
changed any of the plugin versions.  These are all primarily 2.0.0

Your plugin versions (in the plugin.xml files) should only change to 2.0.1
IF you actually have plugin changes to contribute to 2.0.1.  If you do
change a plugin version for the 2.0.1 builds you must remember to make the
corresponding change to the appropriate feature.xml files in the
appropriate features.

If you do not feel comfortable making these changes, or do not have commit
rights to make them please send mail to the platform-releng-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
and we will make the change for you.  Please let us know of impending
changes well before (24 hours) schedule 2.0.1 builds.

Please do not change your plugin versions in the HEAD (2.1) stream at this
time.

2.0.1 builds should start next week.  I will send out email when it
happens.

Thanks

...Dean...

Back to the top