Re: [eclipse-dev] integrating Eclipse with JProbe

Yup Nick,
You are, probably, right. I still could not figure out why my Eclipse
got messed up after installing JProbe. But here is the lead I got.

I dont know what Java VM, Eclipse was using before installing JProbe
but after installing JProbe, it was using C:\Winnt\System32\java.exe.
Where as untill that point I was assuming that it uses Jdk1.3 or Jdk1.4
which ever is in my path appearing first.
After renaming java.exe under winnt/system32, it used jdk1.3/java.exe
and was able to start Eclipse well. (Is it that Eclipse does not like the
default
Java VM provided by Microsoft ???).

Now, when I went into Window >> Preferences and selected JProbe Directory,
it gave me an error like ---

*********

Unable to create the selected Preference page.

Plug-in "com.sitraka.jprobe.eclipse" was unable to instantiate class
"com.sitraka.jprobe.eclipse.JPPreferencePage".

which is understandable and can be attributed to JProbe being uncompatible
with Eclipse 2.0.

I will enter the bugzill report ...
Thanks,
-sharad

¨¨¨°ºo§oº°¨¨¨¨°ºo§oº°¨¨¨¨°ºo§oº°¨¨¨¨°ºo§oº°¨¨¨¨°ºo§oº°¨¨