Re: [ecf-dev] Is ECF Discovery Service necessary when using RemoteServices

On 01/14/2011 01:32 PM, Bartosz Czerwiński wrote:

> Let's say that the location of the service (protocol, IP address and port) is fixed. I registered service on the host side and tried to access it on the consumer side using ServiceTracker. Unfortunately it does not work. I'm not sure what I did wrong.

What does your ServiceTracker look like?

> Could sb provide an example of accessing remote service without discovery?

[0] gives a short introduction of the file based ECF discovery provider
that fits your use case. [1] and [2] are a more comprehensive example
(though slides are partly in German).

Markus

[0] http://wiki.eclipse.org/File-based_Discovery
[1]