Re: [ecf-dev] Fwd: [support.osuosl.org #16442] ECF Machine

On 10/15/2010 10:04 AM, Wim Jongman wrote:

> I got the server online but I forgot to ask you a few more questions
> before I can deploy the VMs. I need to know the following for each VM:
>
> DNS Name (i.e. foo.osuosl.org <http://foo.osuosl.org>) I'd prefer to
> stay away from ecf#

ECF owns the ecf-project.org domain and I could either set up a couple
of hostnames like vm1, vm2, vmN.ecf-project.org for the machine or,
alternatively set OSU's DNS as the authoritative one for
.vm.ecf-project.org.
Bottom line... even if it's too much work for OSU to fiddle with DNS for
ecf-project.org, we will probably use names from the ecf-project.org
zone. The .osuosl.org naming does not really matter that much for us.

> Disk size

In total build currently consumes ~10GB but to be on the save side we
should give build 100GB at least.

> Ram

Assuming we have 8GB available, at least 4GB should go to build.

> virtual CPUs (usually do 2 but I figure the compile host should have 4)

Indeed, we should donate as much horse power to the build VM as possible.

Markus

Back to the top