Re: [ecf-dev] OSGi Container bundles for Eclipse Remote Service tutorial

Hi Wim,

The listener in the consumer example you have provided me, as far as i understand tracks for services changes and based on
the event (i.e Registration) it shows some service details. In my case, how can i first get a list of all the available services?

Thanks.

Wim Jongman wrote:
Hi,

The service will already be available/published as a local service. Why not get a list of all services and display that to the user. You can also filter all remote services by specifying the remote service property in the filter.

Look at the listener code in [1] to see an approach on publications.

Best regards,

Wim

On Tue, Aug 17, 2010 at 8:01 AM, Markus Alexander Kuppe <ecf-dev_eclipse.org@lemmster.de> wrote:
On 08/17/2010 07:58 AM, Nicholas Loulloudes wrote:
> Hi Markus,
>
> I am experimenting with the Zookeeper code rom Wim's tutorial, and one
> of the things i would like to do is to obtain a list of the services
> provided by a host.
> I tried to use the IDiscoveryLocator interface as suggested in the
> Zoodiscovery wiki, but when calling the getServices() method, an empty
> array is returned.
>
> Could the discovery part in OSGi assist me in getting a list of the
> published services? If yes, could you direct me on how to achieve this?

Question is, what is supposed to happen with the list of services once
retrieved. Do you want your distribution provider to create endpoints
and connect to each of to invoke services? Or do you just want to
display the results and e.g. let a user choose a service manually?

Markus