Re: [ecf-dev] previous message : null createInstance incomplete

Hi Pierre,

Pierre Henry Perret wrote:

2009/6/10 Scott Lewis <slewis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:slewis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>>

    Hi Pierre,

    What is the content of the second String passed to the
    JGroupsNamespace.createInstance method?

*jgURL*  is the *args[0]* passed to the app which is:
___________________________
jgroups://192.168.0.10:5050/jgroupsECF&stackName=tcp <http://192.168.0.10:5050/jgroupsECF&stackName=tcp>

Hmmm. This looks OK to me. I suggest re-running after updating (so that you can get more/better information about what is actually creating the exception)...and debugging into the JGroupsNamespace.createInstance to attempt to see what's going on.

    I noticed that the exception behavior of
    JGroupsNamespace.createInstance is sort of strange, so I enhanced
    it somewhat (now, if JGroupsID constructor throws an
    IDCreateException then the createInstance just rethrows that
    exception...this should give more information about the error you
    are now getting...which I believe is caused by some problem with
    the JGroupsID constructor).

Havent we had a bug with Remy about this ?

Not that I remember.  If there is, please LMK.

Scott

Back to the top