[ecf-dev] EventAdmin impl based upon RFC119 impl

Hi Folks,

I've begun an example implementation of the OSGi EventAdmin service that is able to use ECF's remote services' asynchronous messaging support (i.e. IRemoteService.fireAsync). What this allows/will allow is the use of a set of messaging providers (e.g. ActiveMQ, JGroups/multicast, etc) for high performance/high throughput messaging *underneath* the OSGi EventAdmin service. Because of the multi-provider architecture that ECF has, this will also allow other (e.g. commercial) implementations of JMS and/or other messaging frameworks to be substitued/used without app-level changes to EventAdmin itself.

The initial code is in

/cvsroot/rt
module: org.eclipse.ecf/examples/bundles/org.eclipse.ecf.examples.remoteservices.eventadmin

When I get an example 'message bus' app based upon this work (haven't decided what initial app to do), I'll create a wiki page with some usage docs.

If others are interested in contributing to this effort, or using this in some specific contexts or with other messaging providers please let all know on this mailing list.

Thanks,

Scott

Back to the top