Re: [ecf-dev] Resume and file append

Hi Thomas,

Thomas Hallgren wrote:
Hi,
I'm just looking at the IIncomingFileTransferReceiveResumedEvent and its receive methods. It strikes me as a bit odd that the two methods that takes a File as a parameter will truncate this file rather then appending to it. Why is that?

I think perhaps for consistency (i.e. with the IIncomingFileTransferReceiveStartEvent methods). To be honest, though, I can't remember for sure.

Wouldn't it be more intuitive to open the file for append when a paused transfer is resumed? Perhaps the actual append flag that can be passed to the FileOutputStream constructor should be included as a parameter to receive?

This seems reasonable to me. I guess if we are going to add this there is a choice:

1) Change the method IIFTRRE.receive(File) to IIFTRRE.receive(File,boolean append) OR 2) Add method IIFTRRE.receive(File,boolean append) and leave receive(File) (and File, FileTransferJob) the same.

I'm sort of inclined to choose '1' even though this is a breaking API change as going forward this will be simpler. Any thoughts/comments?

Scott

Kind Regards,
Thomas Hallgren