Re: [ecf-dev] Using Namespaces, IDs etc.

Hi!

Currently I'm mostly trying to figure out things on my own looking at
ECF code instead of bothering you with an onslaught of questions.

But I do have one more problem I'd like advice on:

When using the IContainer's connect() method, should the targetID be
the ID of the bulletin board or the user who logs in (in case there is
a user)?

When connecting to a bulletin board, there are (usually) two methods:
1) anonymous, without giving a username or password
2) login with a username and password

So in guest mode, there actually wouldn't be any user ID to use.
That's why I'm partial to using the bulletin board's ID and creating
another method in IBBContainer to query the currently connected user.
Does that seem ok?

(another reason why I'm partial to that is that creating the user ID
to use as the targetID would also require a connection to be made so
it would be funny to call the connect method right after a connection
was already made)

Back to the top