Re: [ecd-pmc] [che-dev] Project Lead election for Ilya Buziuk on Eclipse Che

Dear PMC and Eclipse Che Project team.

As you know, our open source rules of engagement require that project teams operate in an open, transparent, and meritocratic manner.

As part of this, elections of both committers and project leads must include a demonstration of merit. Specifically, the nomination statement for an election should provide examples of how the candidate has demonstrated an understanding of the role they're being elected to. This demonstration is for both the project team and for the community.

Here's a few useful links regarding Committer elections:

If this candidate is ready to be committer then it should be easy for you to find some examples of contributions to cite in a merit statement. If there is no public record to cite, then it should be relatively easy for candidate committers to make some meaningful contributions via pull requests that you can cite when you rerun the election later.

I suggest deleting this election record and invite the project team to restart the election. I

Kind regards,
Maria Teresa Delgado

--
The Eclipse Management Organization | Eclipse Foundation