[dsdp-mtj-dev] More API Discussions...

Continuing the API discussions and moving to the UI extension points...

org.eclipse.me.ui.deviceEditor

In general, I still like this extension point.  The only outstanding question I have is how it is tied to the device it edits.  As it stands, it is based on the implementing class of the device instance.  I did this so that the editor could take into account the hierarchy and edit more than a single device type.  With that said, another option would be to switch this and associate it via some type of a device identifier.  The trouble there is that as we look at the whole device/SDK issue, this could get more tricky.  My suggestion is that we leave this alone, but wanted to gather feedback.

org.eclipse.mtj.ui.venderSpecJADAttributes

I think Spec should be spelled out to "Specific".  Spec is ambiguous and the savings of 4 characters isn't worth it.  Otherwise, I think this extension point is good to go.

org.eclipse.mtj.ui.jadEditorPages

This looks good.  The documentation probably needs some cleanup, but the extension point looks good to me.

Craig

Back to the top