[dsdp-mtj-dev] Library Information API

We currently have 4 core extension points that are all pretty related and probably a bit confusing at this point.  This is my primary API concern and I'd like to see if we can get it nailed down.  The current extension points are:

org.eclipse.mtj.core.api
org.eclipse.mtj.core.configurations
org.eclipse.mtj.core.library.MIDletLibrary
org.eclipse.mtj.core.profiles

The "API" extension point was originally provided to help out with the preverification functionality (internal preverifier).  It provided access to the "stub" libraries for use during preverification.  Taking internal preverification out of the equation as we have at this point, I believe this extension point can just go away for now.  If we need similar functionality in the future, we can always add it back.  I'm assuming that the MIDletLibrary "name" attribute specifies the JSR name?

The configurations and profiles extension points were added in EclipseME to support selection within the UI of the profile or configuration.  If we add a "type" indicator to the MIDlet library, the UI can be driven by the available profiles and configurations in the list of libraries and remove these extension points as well.  The only concern I can see with this approach is that it means that you must have SDK/devices imported in order to have profiles/configurations in the JAD editor selector.  I'm not entirely sure how to deal with that.  Thoughts?

The MIDletLibrary extension point seems a bit odd in naming.  I can't think of another example that I've seen with an extension point starting with capital letters.  I don't see it as a huge issue, but if we don't change it before calling it "done", we can't change it after.  Thoughts on this?

Thanks,
Craig

Back to the top