Re: [cn4j-alliance] MP apis and "graduation" to Jakarta EE

I have started adding some comments and items to the doc Emily.

On Thu, Jan 21, 2021 at 12:08 PM Emily Jiang <emijiang6@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
You're right Emily. Thanks for answering, and I agree mostly with that.

There's of course an advantage to not changing the package, but there's obviously also an advantage (IMHO) to do change them.

Kind regards,
Arjan
Thank you Arjan! Yes, I agree none of the options is perfect.

+1 Reza! I have taken a shot of creating this doc. I listed some options there with cons/pros. Everyone should be able to add their opinion with con/pro there.
Thanks
Emily

I think it would be helpful to write some of this down in a pro/con format. I think that could help inform further discussion that may not take place here and also help inform all the developers out there. If no one else wants to take that up, I can.

Reza Rahman

Sadly we cannot rewrite the history. Since now we have two package names, there is not much value to change the namespace again. Besides, MP and Jakarta are working together under CN4J towards a full stack of Cloud Native foundation. There should be no superiority comparison between them but the collaboration and acceptance.