Re: [cn4j-alliance] MP apis and "graduation" to Jakarta EE

I meant to entirely move the config spec from MP to Jakarta. I don't see any problems of retaining package names being a problem. It is perfectly ok to use the microprofile package as the spec originated from MP. If you remember the move of Java EE technology to Jakarta, in our first attemption, we tried to use javax namespace to minimize the migration effort required by our end users. It did not work out because of the copyright etc. It is now feasible since we talk about moving MP Specs to Jakarta EE land.

Thanks
Emily

On Wed, Jan 20, 2021 at 7:07 AM Rudy De Busscher <rdebusscher@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>I also disagree with two configs existing in both Jakarta and MicroProfile. It is a recipe for confusion and disaster.
>I think moving MP Config to Jakarta while retaining the same namespace is a better option.

It might work only when we entirely move the config spec from MP to Jakarta and that MicroProfile does not maintain a newer version. So, MicroProfile group is no longer the owner and not in charge for the development and release of the spec. (but it will be weird that a pure Jakarta spec develops in a MicroProfile package name)

Rudy