Re: [cn4j-alliance] MP apis and "graduation" to Jakarta EE

Where this duplicate config file scenario would come in is:
- config is forked into jakarta
- config continues to evolve in mp
- config if adopted by the jakarta specs mp depends on

So now a base mp app sees both the jakarta config and mp config.

The scenario that makes sense for config is that it moves to jakarta/freezes so that it becomes a stable release that meets the jakarta compatibility requirements.

On Tue, Jan 19, 2021 at 10:12 AM Thomas Watson <tjwatson@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> How would this work for products that support both EE and MP? Especially when we know that this is the majority of the products out there?
> Having config files picked up by two different MP versions that both live in the same runtime, potentially even the same implementation (so the same implementation packages), I'm not really looking forward to code and maintain such a setup

I'm not sure I understand this point.  Perhaps because I am most familiar with a product runtime that already handles multiple versions of Java EE / Jakarta EE / MicroProfile all with the same installation.

Back to the top