Re: [che-dev] Static import

Vote for #2

On Tue, Jun 30, 2015 at 4:22 PM, Artem Zatsarynnyy <azatsarynnyy@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
2

On Tue, Jun 30, 2015 at 4:16 PM, Sergii Kabashniuk <skabashnyuk@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I would like to ask community for their opinion about static import.
Initial discussion was started from this PR  https://github.com/codenvy/che-core/pull/132

It's made around this rule

As for me currently I'm about 50/50
Yes. sometimes it can cause some problems but generally it makes code shorter and more readable.

This check is not enabled in  Google or Sun checkstyle.

It's only available in very strict general checkstyle.

So I would say to vote we have 2 option.

1. We require not to use static import.
2. It's up to developer should he use it or not.

Sergii Kabashniuk

PS
I vote 2 at this moment.