Re: [cargotracker-dev] New PR submitted, addressing last few issues with OL

I can do a screen sharing session on Wednesday or Friday after 5 PM EST or Thursday after 6 PM EST.

Keeping past such PRs from others in mind, please do remember we need to continue to support Payara as an option in addition to Liberty without introducing too many complications for end users. Ideally the code differences between the runtimes should be minimal or none. That’s what has held back WildFly support for example.

From: Chanun Ong <chanun@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, May 31, 2022 6:52 PM
To: cargotracker developer discussions <cargotracker-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>; reza_rahman@xxxxxxxxx <reza_rahman@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: New PR submitted, addressing last few issues with OL

Hi Reza and Cargo Tracker developers,

I just submitted a new PR that should pass the ECA check; let me know if you have any questions about it as the changes are the same as they were in the previous PR.

On an unrelated note, there is an issue running OL with Maven where the fetchRoutesForSpecification method throws an IllegalArgumentException while routing works fine on Eclipse. After working to temporarily fix the SSE injection issue, the initial data is also not visible on Eclipse while it shows up properly when run with Maven — deleting the DB and restarting the server did not work this time to resolve it. It would be great to set up a screen-sharing session sometime this week to discuss this, as there are only a few more roadblocks before I can finalize my work with Open Liberty and submit that PR to the project.

Thank you so much!

Chanun Ong
University of California, Berkeley
Electrical Engineering & Computer Science, B.S.
Class of 2022

Back to the top