Re: [atf-dev] ATF & WTP 3.0

Philippe Ombredanne wrote:
Joseph Fifield wrote:
Hello,

I recently started looking at compiling/running ATF with Eclipse 3.4 and WTP 3.0. The biggest road block I am running into is the org.eclipse.atf.compatibility.jsdt plugin. There are a large number of compile errors in this plugin. They mainly appear to be due to some API refactoring that took place in JSDT.

I am willing to start making the necessary changes to be compatible with the new API. However, I would first like to confirm that I am not going down the wrong path. Is there any reason why these changes might be incorrect and/or unnecessary?

That plugin is based on JSDT 2.X , pre 3.0
Hence the reason for a large difference.
There might be way to help in the port by looking at historical versions of JSDT and going up the chain.

I have been able to track down several of the differences by doing this.

I think in any case you could only do that in a CVS branch, correct?

I don't know how this can/should be handled. Is the intent to continue maintaining a pre 3.0 version, or just move forward to the latest WTP?

Thanks,
Joe

Back to the top