Re: [atf-dev] Proposed source code the Xulrunner extension

On 9/7/07, Philippe Ombredanne <pombredanne@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I have committed that in the branch.

I just tried to run with your latest changes (from Sept 7), and ran into some issues.

First, the XULRunner builds you posted on sourceforge.net do not have plugin.xml files (necessary to implement the "xulrunner" extension point).  I copied the file from the XR plugin on ftp.mozilla.org.

However, then I got an error that "bundleId" was not specified.  I don't understand why this is needed in the plugin.xml.  From what I can gather from the XulrunnerExtensionReader.java code, the "bundleId" is needed in order to find the full path of the packaged XR build.  Isn't there another way to query the plugin location?  It seems odd to require the plugin.xml extension point to specify its containing plugin "bundleId".

In fact, now that I look at the code, we already have it as the "pluginId" variable in the XulrunnerExtensionsReader.getXulRunners () method.  This should be all we require, correct?

Javier Pedemonte
ATF Developer

Back to the top