Re: [aspectj-dev] Java 1.4 Annotation Support

Ah, right. I forgot about that. I'll have to let the AJ development team provide a definitive answer. Sorry for the confusion.

dean

Rod Coffin wrote:
Dean,
I actually do mean Java 1.3 or 1.4 support. AspectWerkz, Spring AOP, and JBoss AOP all allow annotations to be defined using javadoc comments. They then offer an additional compilation steps that stores this metadata for use at runtime by the AOP framework. Since AspectWerkz and AspectJ have joined up I was wondering if this capability would be available in AspectJ 5. Thanks, Rod On 8/22/05, *Dean Wampler* <dean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:dean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    I assume you mean Java 1.5 annotations. The answer is yes and support is
    already in the AJ5 milestone and developer releases. See the special
    developers notebook for AJ5 on the website for details on how to use it
    (and other implemented or planned new features.)

    dean

    Rod Coffin wrote:
     > Hi,
     >
     > Can anyone please tell me if AspectJ 5 will support some form of
    Java
     > 1.4 annotations?  I know this is supported in AspectWerkz 2.0 and am
     > wondering if similar support will be offered in AspectJ 5.  I have
     > searched the documentation and mailing list and haven't found any
     > reference to this.
     >
     > Thanks,
     >
     > Rod

    Dean Wampler, Ph.D.
    dean at aspectprogramming.com <http://aspectprogramming.com>
    http://www.aspectprogramming.com
    http://www.contract4j.org
    I want my tombstone to say:
       Unknown Application Error in Dean Wampler.exe.
       Application Terminated.
       [Okay]    [Cancel]

Dean Wampler, Ph.D.