Re: [asciidoc-wg] AsciiDoc Working Group Steering Committee - Nominations for the Committer Member Election

I'm also putting forth my nomination for Robert Panzer (https://projects.eclipse.org/user/14683) to run for one of the three Committer Member seats on the Steering Committee.

As the lead developer for the AsciidoctorJ project [1] and long-time Asciidoctor community member, Robert has a deep understanding of the AsciiDoc syntax, document model, and ecosystem, primarily how it pertains to the Java language and runtime. Since we're planning to develop a Java implementation for the AsciiDoc language as a companion project to this Working Group here at Eclipse, Robert's involvement and input in all aspects of this initiative will be essential to ensure a smooth transition from users of AsciidoctorJ to the native Java implementation, once ready. I believe bridging this gap will be one of the great achievements of this group. In brief, Robert is precisely the sort of representative we had in mind when we allocated the Committer Member seats on the Steering Committee.

Robert, consider yourself nominated. Good luck!

Best Regards,

-Dan

[1] AsciidoctorJ allows Asciidoctor to be used natively and naturally (thanks to a porcelain API) not only on any Java runtime, but also in Java itself.

--
Dan Allen, Vice President | OpenDevise Inc.
Pronouns: he, him, his

Back to the top