Re: [ajdt-dev] Illegal state exception dialog on compile

Andrew Clement wrote:

That is not your fault, it is an AspectJ problem (which will also appear in AJDT). I tried to recreate your problem and I think it is because FactValueChanged is
in a package but you don't import the annotation type - is that possible?
The error message could certainly be more helpful !

You were right, the annotation was not imported (M4 doesn't seem to handle importing of annotations; have to it by hand, so I often forget).

However, importing the annotation did not change the behavior: still same dialog. Strangely, after the dialog is displayed there are no error markers for the aspect. Moreover, the pointcut with the annotation matches at runtime!

AJDT is really shaping up. Cannot wait till M3. Thanks!

--
barry kaplan
groups1@xxxxxxxxxxx

Back to the top