Re: [ajdt-dev] Illegal state exception dialog on compile

That is not your fault, it is an AspectJ problem (which will also appear in AJDT).

I tried to recreate your problem and I think it is because FactValueChanged is
in a package but you don't import the annotation type - is that possible?
The error message could certainly be more helpful !

cheers,
Andy.

Barry Kaplan <groups1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: ajdt-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

08/02/2005 21:07

Please respond to
ajdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx

ajdt-dev <ajdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
[ajdt-dev] Illegal state exception dialog on compile

(ADJT 1.2.0 20050204153223, 3.1M4)

I'm trying to match this pointcut:

    pointcut factPropertyUpdate(BeanPropertyFact fact) :
        execution(@FactValueChanged * BeanPropertyFact+.*(..)) && this(fact);

When the AJ compiler runs, I don't a marker in the editor/problems, but rather
get a popup dialog with the following message -- maybe typos because I can't
cut-n-paste from the dialog :-(

---
IllegalStateExceptoion thrown: Can't match on an unresolved annotation type pattern

Reason: Can't match on an unresolved annotation type pattern
---

What might this mean? How can I debug it? Is the pointcut correct or is this an
ajdt only error?

--
barry kaplan
groups1@xxxxxxxxxxx