Re: [Wtp-wst-dev] wtp.Xpath2

Hello Łukasz

We’re using PsychoPath in our application that implements XBRL Formula Standard. Formula standard is based on XPath 2.0 and sometimes we have to deal with very complex XPath expressions. During our usage of PsychoPath we have found some bugs.

You can forward all this to me (jesper@xxxxxxxxxxxxx) and I'll triage the bugs, without waiting for your port, since many of the issues you mention have been fixed in the 2.0 base, primarily these:

2)      FsPlus – system.exit
3)      FnEquals – system.extit
4)      Memory leaks in FNFunction
5)      Memory leaks in DefaultResultSequence

I can then open bugs for the rest, and you can submit test cases and patches in Bugzilla (we use this for tracking the changes and code history)

[...] we are moving to new version of XPath library and it probably take some time to merge our changes with yours new API.

Yes, sorry - but this had to happen. The old API was quite inefficient.

We’re wondering if you would like to receive from us patches and testcases or we should join the eclipse community and commit our changes to yours repository.

At Eclipse, the way to start is with patches and testcases, and then becomme committer later. Please open up bugzillas, send testcases and patches, and we'll go from there. If I (or the other commiters) don't repond, you can "complain" to this list, that usually gets the attention of the PMC and whatnot. :-)

I'm also looking forward to hearing about your use cases and API needs, if we get to that (I'm also interested in XBRL, my day-job company made the XBRL editor for small firms' annual reports for the Danish Government, but that's a different issue entirely)

-Jesper

Back to the top