Re: [Wtp-wst-dev] WTP Server persistency: server.xml

Hi Andrei,

If you don't mind can we move this conversation to the eclipse.webtools newsgroups. For more information on how to access the newsgroups you can review http://www.eclipse.org/newsgroups/

With that aside, typically after you create a Server or a Runtime calling the save method on either would cause to persist the information . This two classes both extend from a Base class.

Best Regards,
-- --
Mr. Angel Vera
  Server Tools Developer for WTP and Rational
  Lotus Notes: Angel Vera/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA
  Tel: 905-413-5919 - E-Mail: arvera@xxxxxxxxxx
-----
Those who think that something is impossible,
should not interfere with those who are willing to do it. - Angel Vera

<Andrei.Shakirin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: wtp-wst-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

09/24/2007 01:28 PM

Please respond to
"Web Standard Tools developer discussions." <wtp-wst-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

<wtp-wst-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
[Wtp-wst-dev] WTP Server persistency: server.xml

Hi all,

I have a question regarding WTP Server Tools API.

We are working on own implementation of WTP Server and Runtime for Swordfish project (to support standard way of projects deployment).

Problem: our Server and deployed modules are not persistent: after Eclipse restarting they are lost on Servers view. But it works for standard WTP Servers like Tomcat.

As I can see WTP Server Tools saves this configuration information in server.xml under workspace/.plugins/org.eclipse.wst.server.core.

What should be done to save the same information about our own server? Is it necessary to call some Server Tools API methods or implement additional extension point?

Regards,
Andrei.

Andrei Shakirin
IC-Consult on behalf of