Re: [Wtp-wst-dev] WS-I source code

Hi Dave,
I've included the WS-I Analyzer Specification Document and the User Guide

The actual class that is called from the command line is BasicProfileAnalyzer in package org.eclipse.wst.wsi.internal.core.analyzer.
The arguments for the command line are:

java  javaoptions -Dwsi.home="wsi home" -cp "classpath" org.eclipse.wst.wsi.internal.core.analyzer.BasicProfileAnalyzer -config filename.

Everything is configured through a config file -- I've attached an example. Note that within eclipse code base we do away with the config file.

Note I think it may be better to start with the WS-I test tools http://www.ws-i.org/Testing/Tools/2004/12/SSBP_Java_Tools-BdAD.zip themselves. Once you have these up and running, it will be easier to transfer to the eclipse version.

Anyway if you get stuck send me a note.  It has been quite a long time since I actually ran the WS-I command-line tools but it should come back to me rather quickly.

Thanks.
David M. Lauzon
XML Tooling,  ADTC Architecture
Internal Mail: D3/EAB/8200/MKM
Phone: (905) 413 - 2180  TL: 8/969 - 2180  FAX: (905) 413 - 4920
Internet: lauzond@xxxxxxxxxx     Notes: David Lauzon/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA

David Carver <d_a_carver@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: wtp-wst-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

03/21/2007 04:12 PM

Please respond to
d_a_carver@xxxxxxxxx; Please respond to
"Web Standard Tools developer discussions."        <wtp-wst-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

David Lauzon/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA
cc
"Web Standard Tools developer discussions." <wtp-wst-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Lawrence Mandel/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA
Subject
Re: [Wtp-wst-dev] WS-I source code

> Let me know  if you are interested in actually generating  the WS-I
> report and whether you are testing wsdls only or messages with
> corresponding wsdls . It may not be so obvious on how to do that.  In
> eclipse, we morphed  a command line testing tool that generates a
> report  to 2 validators -- a message validator that is used in
> conjunction with the tcpip monitor; and a wsdl validator that extends
> the core wsdl validator.

Actually, that is exactly what I'm interested in doing.  Generating the
WS-I report.   For the time being I'll be testing WSDLs only, but I can
see the need for us to be able to test the messages as well.  What I
first want to do is create an ANT Task that can be used to validate and
produce the necessary report.    I'll be using XSLT to generate the WSDL
files from some standard specifications that we have, and need the
ability to validate and produce the report in batch, outside of the
Eclipse environment.   I can build or enhance the necessary Ant task if
needed, just need to know where to start to get the report generation
going, any help you can provide would be appreciate.   I don't think the
organization I work for would have any issue with contributing the Ant
task back to the project.

Dave