RE: [Wtp-wst-dev] Project granularity

Hi Dave,

In additional to validation, I want to get some kind of XML instance generator into the build and an XML editor that assists valid insertion of child elements in their proper sequence position.

We do have these capabilities in our initial contribution and plan to refresh this soon.  I think that our XML editor needs to be improved (providing  better menus in the source view) to make these sort of operations more accessable.   Perhaps that's something you could help us with Dave?   I'll set up a call offline so that we can discuss.

thanks

Craig

Craig Salter
Rational Studio XML Web Services
Internal Mail: D3/RY6/8200 /MKM
Phone: (905) 413-3918  TL: 969-3918 FAX: (905) 413-4920
Internet: csalter@xxxxxxxxxx     Notes: Craig Salter/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA

"Dave Carlson" <dcarlson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: wtp-wst-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

11/01/2004 05:35 PM

Please respond to
wtp-wst-dev

<wtp-wst-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
RE: [Wtp-wst-dev] Project granularity

Thanks, this answer is helpful.  I fully appreciate the value of minimizing loading time and memory for plugins that are not needed.

I resynched with CVS and can run the new XSD editor.  I look forward to the validation plugins.  It does not appear that there is anything I can do toward helping with this goal?  In additional to validation, I want to get some kind of XML instance generator into the build and an XML editor that assists valid insertion of child elements in their proper sequence position.  I see this as a minimal set of functionality required in the M2 release.

Dave