Re: [wtp-releng] Reminders for this week

David M Williams wrote:

Read up on Arch. Council's recommended bug workflow: http://wiki.eclipse.org/Architecture_Council/Bugzilla_Best_Practices We will either move to that, or document why not. Decision at Thursday status meeting.
David, one suggestion is to see if there is a component or Sub Project that is willing try the process for a while to see how it works, before making a final decision. While the work load is relatively light right now is probably the best thing to do before we hit the really busy sections of M3, M4, M5, and M6.

Any problems or concerns as to why it can't be followed should also have a bug request opened with the Architecture Council as to concerns or reasons that it can't be assigned. In reality this is a very minor change to the existing process, but it does have a big affect. It also helps to make the team more responsible for the bugs and triage, as well as eliminating knowledge silos which are bad in any project.

Dave

Back to the top