[wtp-releng] Priorities for this week: correct versioning

It appears many have decided to wait until the last minute to fix up their
versioning for our Maintenance Release

http://build.eclipse.org/webtools/committers/wtp-R3.1-M/20090810002200/M-3.1M-20090810002200/versioningReport_M-3.1M-20090810002200.html

and our first Milestone

http://build.eclipse.org/webtools/committers/wtp-R3.2-S/20090808205828/S-3.2M1-20090808205828/versioningReport_S-3.2M1-20090808205828.html

I suggest people "fix" the maintenance release first, and then "fix" the
Milestone at the same time -- it'll either be the same, or larger than the
maintenance release.

Technically, only the Milestone build must be "correct" for this week's
delivery, but it is hard to know it to be correct if the maintenance
builds are not correct, so I turned on "count as qualifier-only as error"
for both of them.

I'd also suggest you not "wait for the report" to know what versions to
fix. Teams should develop the process and discipline that the version is
always correct. The first change in a stream should trigger a versioning
change appropriate for that development stream. A quick diff to your R31
tag (what ever you team uses) should be enough to know if it needs it, or
not.

Lets try to get majority fixed on Monday, remaining few on Tuesday, so
we're not doing builds at the last minute just for versioning fixes.

Let us know if questions or issues.

Back to the top