Re: [wtp-releng] help needed on build test failures

Sending to wtp-dev for a larger audience. Valentin, David said you have worked in this area recently?

I just don't see how content-types in core eclipse can work if SAXParserFactory is so flaky. While they don't call SAXParserFactory in their XmlRootHandler, it *is* being used under the covers in the Activator class. This means that core eclipse uses it, JST uses it in their copy of XmlRootHandler, and for some reason it happens not to work in the JPT copy? I'm not really comfortable just randomly setting flags in hopes things might work.

I'm ok with trying out your second suggestion, I just don't understand why we would have to do it that way when others don't. And maybe our tests will just happen to pass the next time the build runs? Awfully suspicious we have never seen this problem before.

Thanks,
Karen