Skip to main content

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index] [List Home]
Re: [wtp-releng] Server Team released over the weekend?

Hi David,

I talked to Tim this morning on this. He will look more in depth into what happend, but after reviewing your email, we are in support of your suggestion on ignoring the last build and putting those fixes into M4.

I have already talked to Helen about it, so that we don't hold the declaration of M3 any longer.

Best Regards,
-- --
Mr. Angel Vera
  Server Tools Developer for WTP and Rational
  Lotus Notes: Angel Vera/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA
  Tel: 905-413-5919 - E-Mail: arvera@xxxxxxxxxx
Those who think that something is impossible,
should not interfere with those who are willing to do it. - Angel Vera

David M Williams <david_williams@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: wtp-releng-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

11/10/2008 03:29 AM

Please respond to
Webtools releng discussion list <wtp-releng@xxxxxxxxxxx>

[wtp-releng] Server Team released over the weekend?

I apologize if I missed discussion of this, but I noticed the server team
released some fixes over the weekend, namely in
org.eclipse.jst.server.generic.core and that's complicated our M3

It is ok if it was to fix a blocking bug, but 1) no mention of it was made
on wtp-releng which is the convention to keep us all informed, and 2)
there is no bug number associated with the cvs comment on the map file
which make it hard to track down.

I think I did track down the bugs fixed, and both are marked 'normal' so
should not go in at the very last minute, after the last milestone build
has been produced (and is just waiting for confirmation).

[244367] AntPublisher falls back to default VM if server VM is removed
[241294] NPE guard for null properties

This build also caused one of the intermittent failures in one of the
JUnit tests. See bug 254707.

So, what to do now? We could ignore that final build, and put those fixes
in M4. That sounds like the easiest thing to me. Was there some reason
those fixes really did have to go into M3 or was it just a "timing"
problem on not knowing when to release?

If we do want them in M4, then we should address bug 254707 to make sure
that intermittent JUnit doesn't fail again. (We have to declare with zero
JUnit tests).

Server Team: let us know which route you would like to go.

wtp-releng mailing list

Back to the top